SAMJIT (SAM) SURPINDER, MA, CA
Tel: 604.888.9998 | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Singaporean
- Couples extensive financial knowledge with a strong foundation of business management
- Ambitious, dedicated and disciplined business leader and financial champion, utilizes a proactive approach to overcome hindrances and implement prudent financial management.
- Compassionate team leader, mentor and coach, encourages personal and professional growth for all to succeed.
- Consensus builder, encourages open and frank dialogue, engages multiple stakeholders in consistently achieving results.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Expense Planning & Control
Payables & Receivables
Selection & Recruitment
ACCOUNTING COORDINATOR 2000 – 2005
Living Lighting Inc., Vancouver, British Columbia
- Compile and present detailed monthly, quarterly reports for Senior Management perusal and act as the focal point in preparing year-end.
- Key member of the leadership team, administering all accounting functions for this commercial lighting manufacturer with $2.5 million annual revenue.
- Manage a 15-person team, encouraging personal and professional development of the culturally diverse department.
- Devised and deployed multiple cost-savings initiatives resulting in a 20% reduction in company expenditures.
- Partnered with the IT Department to implement a 10-month accounting system conversion from manual to automated computerized processing.
- Created and implemented accounting policies and practices supporting the new automated system.
Richmond Design, Richmond, British Columbia
- Reduced payroll processing time by 20%, saving $55,000, implementing an in-house payroll system, eliminating the need for an outside payroll provider.
- Led a major project transitioning all accounting aspects from MS Excel to Microsoft Dynamics GP (formerly Great Plains), completing assignment on time and under budget.
Green Bin Manufacturing, Kamloops, British Columbia
- Directed all bookkeeping functions for this 50-person manufacturer including: account receivable, accounts payable, payroll, journal entry, billing & collections, and monthly financial reporting.
- Calculated and submitted annual corporate income tax statement to Revenue Canada.
BC Imports Limited, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Supervised 3 employees responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll Administration using ADP with full accountability for hiring, training, and performance assessment.
- Maintained the $1.5 million General Ledger encompassing Canadian, U.S. and Chinese currency transactions.
- Prepared internal and external financial and tax statements for review by corporate and external Audit Teams.
- Played a key accounting role on various project teams ensuring mandates completed in accordance with company financial guidelines and budgetary allowances.
Mills & Associates, Vancouver, British Columbia
- Processed weekly payroll using Corona Software for the 40-person staff complement.
- Assisted the Controller in preparing annual corporate tax returns and employee taxation documentation.
- Partnered with suppliers to reconcile a 55 day accounts receivable backlog.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Chartered Accountant, Institute of Chartered Accounts of B.C | 1996
- Master of Arts in Economics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia | 1989
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia | 1987
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: English, Chinese
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request