Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Senior Accounting Manager in Hong Kong. We have written this based on his Accountant CV.
| +852 1234 5678 | email@example.com |
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, address them directly. LinkedIn job ads often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Senior Accounting Manager
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Senior Accounting Manager at ABC Organization. Through my 12-year career, I have had the opportunity to oversee and drive a full range of accounting functions, including AP/AR, GL preparation, financial reporting, audit management, and financial controls. I also possess experience in preparing corporate financial statements and consolidating accounts in several globally-recognised multinational and listed organizations, including XYZ Company and ABC Company. Finally, as a recognised subject-matter expert in compliance and regulatory affairs, my deep know-how in prevailing reporting standards grants me experience with advising senior management on corporate compliance-related issues, providing insights on company-wide policymaking processes. [Summarise your work experience as an Accountant, which will help give the hiring manager an idea of what you can do!]
- Presently, I am an Accounting Manager at XYZ Company, where I supervise a team of 4 accountants and finance officers to oversee AP, AR, & GL functions for a leading FMCG MNC with annual revenue of USD$100 million and presence in 20 countries. We also oversee all credit control issues and AR for a portfolio of 3 key brands worth USD$30 million collectively. I also spearheaded the installation of QuickBooks accounting software across XYZ Company’s Accounting Division, in order to provide improved transparency of accounts, increasing team productivity/efficiency and enhancing management of company cash flows. Among my Achievements, I am proudest of successfully reducing our Division’s month-end closing from 90 days to 25 days through automation and streamlining our processes. [Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
With my extensive experience in compliance and regulatory affairs, managing accounting functions and digitizing workflows to enhance efficiency, I am positive in my ability to contribute improvements and insights on company-wide policymaking processes to drive ABC Organization’s continued growth and performance. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to ABC Organization. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +852 1234 5678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Finally, cap your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide ways you can be contacted.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Senior Accounting Manager Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Accounting Manager Role
Accountancy is a discipline which is becoming increasingly popular nowadays. Amidst challenging job market conditions, it’s seen as an ‘iron rice bowl’ – every company needs someone to keep the books, and while the basic bookkeeping may be automated away, high-level accounting and financial management entails a lot of subjective decision making which computers can’t easily handle. Just look at the grades needed to even get in the door in our local universities now: nearly straight ‘A’s!
I’ve seen a lot of accountants looking for new jobs recently. Unlike other industries, they’re not coming to me because they can’t land a job. They’re coming to me because they want to land a more senior position at a better company. This is great news! At the most basic level, this entails a different strategy – I tend to spend a lot more time with these clients to get every single achievement and project they’ve worked on in the past. To stand out, those are a must. This is especially the case in industries dominated by high-flyers, where performance is very easy to measure objectively. The most common problem I see is that these achievements aren’t presented well, if at all. That’s not good in the context of a job search. Modesty most definitely has its place, but we need to sell ourselves better. We must be confident in our abilities!
What Hiring Managers Look for in Accountant Cover Letters
- Your strong experience in financial, compliance, and/or controlling functions within SMEs and large corporations
- You being comfortable and confident in doing budget planning, forecast, and preparation
- Deep understanding of the financial market and trends in Hong Kong
- Proven expertise in using accounting and financial systems
Accounting Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a CV: Your Ultimate Guide for a Winning Resume
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- Complete list of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Free CV Sample and Template for All Industries in Hong Kong
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.