Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for an Admin Assistant or Executive Assistant in Hong Kong:
| +852 1234 5678 | firstname.lastname@example.org |
Dear Hiring Manager,
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, personalise and address them directly. LinkedIn job ads, for example, often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Senior Executive Assistant (CEO & Executives)
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Senior Executive Assistant for CEO at XYZ Ltd. Through my 18-year career, I’ve come to specialise in Administration, Office Management, Travel Management and Project Management. I’ve led multiple contract negotiations and renovation projects and am familiar across everything from employee-onboarding to financial handling & event management. With a proven track record ensuring smooth operations and identifying cost saving opportunities, I am confident that I will be able to deliver efficient and effective office management and administrative support for XYZ. [Match your skills and strengths to the job and industry requirements, and include a brief overview of your experience. Share metrics if you have them to provide context and scale for your work]
- Presently, I am Executive Assistant with QWE International, where I am responsible for managing all secretarial and administrative matters within the firm, with an emphasis on travel and facility management. In addition, I direct large-scale events (across APAC), stakeholder management and advise the Managing Director on long-term travel plans to reduce travel costs for the firm.
- Amongst my various achievements during my tenure, I am most proud of having spearheaded negotiations for 2 major office renovation projects, securing a combined total of over 30% savings on Office, Travel & Event Management. [Single out your best achievements. Providing metrics is key to substantiate your accomplishments and prove your abilities.]
XYZ is regionally known for the quality of its services within the IT industry globally. My background in Office, Stakeholder and Event management, coupled with my practical experience in contract negotiations and office renovations will allow me to contribute effectively to XYZ’s continued growth and performance. In particular, I am positive I will be able to once again identify opportunities to minimise office and event costs, generate ideas to streamline processes, and help XYZ company thrive in the increasingly competitive market conditions we are facing today. [Focus again on your top skills as required by the role or firm. Here, highlight key experiences that are directly relevant to the target role.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to XYZ. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +852 1234 5678 or by email at email@example.com. [Finally, end your Cover Letter with a call-to-action – show your excitement to meet your potential employer, and provide your contact details.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Admin Assistant Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of cover letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Admin Assistant Role
Office support professionals, such as admin assistants, are often the unsung heroes of companies across all industries.
Administrative assistants aid in performing an organisation’s administrative and day-to-day tasks. While sometimes overlooked, they form the backbone of any company’s operations; admin assistants are indispensable in keeping the office running efficiently and smoothly, and support a variety of business functions.
They often have to manage many moving parts and deal with challenging situations at the same time. Today, they are also expected to adopt more technologies in their work.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Admin Assistant Cover Letters
Here are our top Admin Assistant Cover Letter writing tips:
- Your background in ensuring smooth operations within the company and performing various administrative functions and office management tasks.
- Your contributions to process improvement and optimisation, as well as productivity improvement (if any) – these will give you a huge advantage over your competition.
- Your eye for detail and ability to assist senior executives, directors, and managers and perform secretarial duties
- Bonus points if you possess basic accounting capabilities and/or are able to support data and research functions.
Admin Assistant Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.