Here is a sample resume we recently produced for an Administrative Assistant in Hong Kong.
Tel.: +852 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Chinese
- Proactive Administrative Assistant with more than 8 years of progressively responsible experience supporting multiple C-level professionals
- Well-versed in providing administrative and secretarial support to senior executives and stakeholders. Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple competing priorities and projects with attention to detail
- Performs well with a variety of disciplines while remaining effective in a high-volume start-up environments with demanding workloads
- Maintain excellent written and oral communication skills, problem resolution abilities, and a high level of confidentiality. Hardworking, fast learner, and team player able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Communication Skills||Project & Database Management|
|Time Management||Problem Solving Skills|
|Organisational Ability||Business Writing|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key administrative-related phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
XXX PTE LTD, Hong Kong
- Provide executive-level administrative support to the Vice President with demonstrated ability to improvise procedures and meet demanding deadlines [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about the role. Mention which senior executive you provide assistance to in order to give hiring managers an idea how big your responsibilities are.]
- Plan and coordinate corporate luncheons and develop presentations for related on- and off-site meetings; organize details of special events, travel arrangements, corporate agendas and itineraries
- Handle administrative matters including screening calls, managing calendars, planning meetings, making travel arrangements, composing documents and organizing offices for efficiency [This line shows the detailed responsibilities of the candidate.]
- Process monthly expense reports reflecting supporting documents and budget code indexes
- Interact professionally with all levels of staff and maintain the highest level of confidentiality; known for tact and diplomacy in handling sensitive issues [This line not only demonstrates the candidate’s excellent communication skills, but also her ability to keep company matters confidential.]
- Collaborated with other departments in company to centralize customer database, hence reducing information retrieval time by 27% [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Trained 9 newly hired staff members and provided exceptional support to managers and co-workers which increased overall efficiency by 30%
XXX PTE LTD, Hong Kong
- Coordinated and maintained weekly attendance and annual vacation records on all employees; liaised between departments to ensure proper communications and reporting practices [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Managed capital purchases and direct vendor relations, as well as generated and maintained office supply inventories
- Developed new filing and organizational practices, saving the company $3,000 per year in contracted labour expenses [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable. It may be hard for admin assistants to have concrete achievements compared to sales and marketing roles, but include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Business Administration, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong | 1995
- Technical Skills: Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Outlook Express
- Languages: English, Mandarin and Cantonese
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Administrative Assistant Resume Sample above?
About the Administrative Assistant Role
From the position title itself, administrative assistants aid in performing many administrative tasks in an organisation. They are expected to perform a large array of work on a daily basis to ensure that the company operations run smoothly. Sadly though, their everyday work and contributions are also one of the most undermined in the working world.
In this post, we will show you what you can do to score an administrative position in your dream company by showcasing your responsibilities (that can often be overlooked by others) and exhibiting how you can contribute to the organization.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For In Administrative Assistant Resumes
- Your background in ensuring smooth operations within the company and performing various administrative functions and office management tasks
- Your eye for detail and ability to assist senior executives, directors, and managers and perform secretarial duties
- Bonus points if you are able to record and prepare minutes of meetings as well as possess basic accounting capabilities
Additional Administrative Assistant Resume Writing Tips
- Talk about your responsibilities that can showcase your communication and organizational abilities, quantifying your achievements where possible.
- Include any changes you have introduced into daily administrative procedures (e.g. developing new filing practices which in turn helped reduce company expenses)
Administrative Assistant Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory