Here is a sample resume we recently produced for an Administrative Support Officer in Hong Kong.
SENIOR ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT OFFICER
Tel.: +852 XXXX XXXX | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Nationality: Chinese
- Senior Administrative Executive with 5 years’ experience serving top management and performing full spectrum of administrative functions for over 200 employees in MNCs, including Xiaomi and Unilever
- Proven ability to multitask. Strong expertise in overseeing end-to-end procurement, management for purchase orders, invoices, sales and other reports, and providing secretarial support to CEOs and MDs
- Service-oriented team player with excellent interpersonal skills towards building relationships across organisational levels and cultures
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Mentioning the type of companies you’ve worked for or the customer base you’ve served helps to give scale to your current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Administrative Support||Secretarial Functions|
|Stakeholder Management||Customer Relationship Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key administrative-related phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
XIAOMI INC, Hong Kong
- Lead team of 6 junior administrative officers in managing full spectrum of duties related to the Administrative and Purchasing Department, including stock management, logistics, and delivery of phones to local retail outlets [The opening line captures all the reader needs to know about the role as it mentions the size of the team, the core responsibilities of the candidate and the scale of work involved.]
- Negotiate renewal of contracts with retailers to gain optimum profit margins for company. Propose and implement a comprehensive set of administration policies for retailers, distributors, and third-party sellers [This line demonstrates the candidate’s negotiation and organisational expertise.]
- Validate and control Purchase Order Process to firmly ensure smooth and proper functioning of administration department. Coordinate services of in-house delivery team in providing efficient and prompt service to all retailers
- Played significant role in building up and stabilising the Hong Kong office within 3 months.
- Promoted from contract staff to holding permanent role in March 2015 [Don’t be shy to talk about your promotions and achievements! It’s something to be proud of and it also shows that you are a high performing employee.]
UNILEVER, Hong Kong
- Provided secretarial and administrative support to CEO, CFO, and Managing Director of Unilever Hong Kong [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Supported HR & Admin Manager in all aspects of administrative functions including applications of work permits, employment staff, performance review exercise, salary administration, and manpower planning [Toss in some HR and admin jargon here.]
- Oversaw preparation of sales agreement, quotations, process orders, deliveries and preparation work for global business leadership conferences and education seminars
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Diploma in Supply Chain & Materials Management, Hong Kong Institute of Materials Management, Hong Kong | 2011
- Technical Skills: Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Outlook Express
- Languages: Fluent in English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Bahasa
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Administrative Support Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of CV samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Administrative Support Role
Administrative officers are needed to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations within the company. They act as a point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries. This is also why they are the unsung heroes of an organisation.
A great administrative officer, one who is highly organised, responsible, is able to solve problems and has fluent communication skills will always be in demand.
If you are applying for an admin role, it is important that you highlight such traits in your resume. Today, we are sharing how you can craft an impressive administrative officer resume according to our best practices.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in Administrative Support Resumes
- Your experience in managing a wide spectrum of administrative functions including handling office inventory, crafting reports, making travel arrangements and organising company databases
- Your ability to effectively communicate with senior executives, directors, and managers
- Your initiatives in saving company’s budget and improving employees’ productivity from cost-effective programmes you’ve implemented
Additional Administrative Support Resume Writing Tips
- Share some of the initiatives you have implemented in your company that have helped to reduce operational costs and/or increased productivity. Be sure to include statistics or metrics to quantify your achievements where possible.
- Summarise your work scopes while giving enough details. For instance, instead of writing that you are in charge of booking air tickets or looking for rental homes for expatriate colleagues, simply sum it up by saying that you oversee all of their relocation arrangements.
- Finally, speak about administrative courses you have attended, certifications you have received, and tools and software you are familiar with that serves your role.
Administrative Support Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.