Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Banking Sales Officer in Hong Kong.
BANKING SALES OFFICER
Tel.: +852 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Chinese
- Professional banking sales officer well-versed in client satisfaction and management with 4 years of experience in the retail-banking sector
- Proven expertise in tailoring customised financial services and products (e.g. insurance, mutual funds, foreign exchange, fixed income instruments, and credit facilities) to meet client needs and preferences
- Highly proficient at building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and across all organizational levels
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Briefly mentioning about the types of financial services and products you have experience and knowledge, will establish a focus of your specialisation and abilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Banking Sales & Strategy||Client Management|
|Client Acquisition||Leadership & Communication|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key phrases related to banking sales necessary to get past those scanners.]
CIMB BANK, Hong Kong
- Provide clients with high quality customised financial services and products (such as bank assurance, mutual funds, bonds & FX), and engage clients on legacy planning and solutions [This is a good opening line as it clearly states the focus and size of your responsibility. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly what the role is about.]
- Actively source for new clients to enhance bank’s existing portfolio, and build strong relationships with existing clients while enhancing their current assets [This line and the following lines describe other functions you do in the bank]
- Constantly keep updated on latest financial market trends, new product launches, and finance-related news
- Met sales target month on month. Played pivotal role in achieving annual sales target of 160% for financial year 2016.
- Achieved Top Banker (Insurance – Regular Premium) in 2016 as a result of driven and results-oriented mindset and ability to understand and meet customer needs
[Talk about your contributions (and the approaches you took on to achieve them) to the company and how it affected the overall operations / profit.]
MAYBANK, Hong Kong
- Constantly liaised with new and existing clients to understand and meet their financial service and product needs [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously held. Notice also how the remaining bullet point is shorter. No need to go deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Promoted retail banking products and increased clients’ product awareness
- Exceeded sales targets set by retail banking team via efforts in client acquisition, accounting for 1/5 of team’s new client portfolio for 2014 [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable, and include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Finance Major), University of Hong Kong, 2005-2008
- Professional Certification/Exams: M1B, M5, M9, HI, WMI (Affluent- Level 1)
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: Fluent in English, Mandarin, and Cantonese. Knowledgable in Basic Japanese
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Banking Sales Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of CV samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Banking Sales Role
Banking sales officers sell and oversee transactions for customers on a day-to-day basis, drawing a fixed salary with additional commission and bonuses from sales. They are the face of the bank, interacting directly with clients to explain, sell and execute banking securities products, acting as a liaison between the bank and its customers.
The daily tasks of banking sales officers involve handling new clients’ inquiries, identifying their investment objectives, explaining the characteristics, rewards, and risks of any particular security, and meeting regulatory compliance standards, amongst other things.
With the popularity of the banking field, it is important to reflect your expertise and ability well in your CV in order to stand out from the crowd. As such, to ensure that you are ahead of the competition, we will show you how you can write a winning resume that highlights your capabilities.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For In Banking Sales Resumes
- Banking Knowledge and Experience: Your resume should provide a complete overview of your career experience, detailing in whatever length necessary your knowledge in capital allocation, market function, and risk management, which are skills needed for a good understanding of banking securities.
- Sales and Communication Skills: Important qualities for candidates looking for a banking sales officer position include client communication and management, resourcefulness, the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger department, and strong integrity. You should make sure to showcase these skills and abilities in your resume.
Additional Banking Sales Resume Writing Tips
- Your resume needs to be easy for recruiters to read quickly and absorb the key points. For a clearer representation of your work experiences, you may therefore wish to break them into two parts – your daily workscope, and your achievements. For the daily workscope, make sure that is it short and to the point – workscopes which are implied in your job title can be omitted. Remember, you want to keep your resume short and sharp for recruiters.
- Present yourself as someone who is driven, goal-oriented, and people-oriented, since much of consumer banking-related jobs require constant client interaction and involve the meeting of set quotas. You may wish to highlight your soft skills and areas of expertise that you have demonstrated throughout your employment history.
Banking Sales Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.