Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a E-Commerce Director in Hong Kong.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the E-Commerce Director Role
- What Hiring Managers Look For In E-Commerce Director Resumes
- E-Commerce Director Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
E-Commerce Director CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full E-Commerce Director resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
- Strategic E-commerce leader with >6 years’ experience developing high-impact e-capabilities development solutions, driving digital marketing strategy and sales transformation initiatives, and delivering high-growth revenue results within e-commerce retail and F&B industry across APAC.
- Demonstrable business acumen and expertise with digital practices & trends, DTC & new business models, omnichannel strategy and brand building; adept translating high-level information to key stakeholders for successful project implementations, advocating business efficiencies and improved customer experience.
- Natural team player, action-oriented and strategic planner for collaborative, multicultural and international environment, with ability to secure solid business relationships across organisational levels and externally.
- Brand building extending reach by +30% across APAC markets, and exceeded EC channel sales by RM185M with revenue CAGR of +21%, factoring for >60% of APAC business growth contribution. ~ ABC Inc.
- Successful onboarding of 4 key strategic markets in APAC as strategic digital acceleration plan, that grew digital FTE staff by 3 in 5 years and uplifted digital capabilities maturity by +30%. ~ ABC Inc.
- Accelerated ecommerce plans and grew opportunity pipeline significantly, through strategic partnerships with global key customer accounts (FGH Inc., JKL Ltd., UGC Co.). ~ ASD Co.
- Drive omni-channel brand transformation strategies, managing media planning budget of RM11M across 7 regions in APAC; deploy global digital asset strategy to elevate data analytics readiness, and pilot APAC T&L brand agenda. Oversee omni-channel sales transformation to support markets.[Opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role as it speaks about the size of the team and primary responsibility.]
- Support implementation and performance review of various global omni-channel brand campaigns and activations to deliver growth transformation.[Elaborate on your key responsibilities.]
- Build and deploy sales growth acceleration initiatives (perfect digital store, shopper marketing, ecommerce portfolio solutions, SRM), partnering markets through strategic business reviews to support execution.
- Identify D2C business opportunities, accelerate D2C marketing streams and existing digital assets, to optimise digital acquisition, conversion and retention through best-in-class brand experiences; define performance targets/KPIs to formalise regional D2C financial reporting.
- Partner HR and cross-functional teams to drive enterprise-wide digital transformation, through capability development & investment strategy, and digital talent programmes (coaching & mentoring, succession planning); facilitated APAC omni-channel communities of expertise to redefine organisation-wide learning & sharing culture.
- Extended brand reach by +30% across APAC markets, in applying 80/15/5 media investment strategy and putting forth principles of media operating governance.[Talk about your contributions (and the approaches you took on to achieve them) to the company and how it affected the operations in the relevant locations where possible.]
- Exceeded EC channel sales by RM86M with revenue CAGR +20%, factoring for >60% of APAC business growth contribution; top 5 e-KAs achieved steady revenue growth at CAGR of >40%.[Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Deployed 3 strategic EC acceleration initiatives in APAC that delivered incremental sales of RM200K – RM5M.
- D2C grew by +70%, reaching 10% of overall EC business sales contribution in APAC, through implementation and acceleration of 4 new business models (FGS, social commerce, Shop in Shop, ecosystem based commerce).
- Increased digital maturity readiness by +15% in rolling out enterprise-wide digital transformation.
- Drove strategic global e-commerce & sales knowledge management initiatives and determined priorities for business intelligence strategy; developed e-business plans across categories and channels in Europe and Latin America for global customers, and prescribed processes needed to fortify global e-commerce capabilities.[Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Engaged with retailers at both global and local levels to position ASD Co. as critical partner and build online category captaincy; worked with IKAMs to select e-commerce counterparts for international agreements.
- Led e-commerce projects and T&L initiatives, managing and influencing key business units and e-retailers throughout adoption of new standards in industry.
- Launched local workshops, animated e-commerce community and networked with start-ups, agencies and other CPGs, sharing widely on ASD Co.’s vision, ambition and scope for e-commerce, enabling strong digital ecosystem.
- Supervised global business intelligence strategy that supported sales enablement; analysed and communicated on strategic updates including business & category trends, retail & consumer insights and priority knowledge solutions.
- Accelerated global ecommerce plans (JBP) with global customers, growing opportunity pipeline through strategic business reviews; key contributor in customers’ internal meetings on status quo and priorities.
- Launched transversal projects collaborating with external partners and digital agencies to test and learn for best practices; projects covered areas in precision marketing/targeted couponing, gamification, consumer insights, etc.
- Developed business intelligence strategy on shopper/retail environment, partnering external major key agencies and cultivated effective ongoing global relationships based on trust.
- Managed development of digital acceleration roadmap, including markets onboarding, foundations building, driving functional expertise, influencing digital budget & resource allocation; partnered global markets to roll out projects, supporting double digit KPI growth & elevating digital maturity across APAC.[Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Identified key digital business trends and growth opportunities shaping developments of new ecommerce strategies; established financial forecasts, must-win battles and capabilities required to maximize growth.
- Strengthened relationships with key leading local/regional players, to identify cross-functional initiatives that fuel growth and efficiencies, aligning with strategic business and category priorities.
- Accelerated key digital commerce capabilities by organizing digital events, incorporating regional structural process, and animating demand communities; fostered regional BPs sharing and built collaborative teams.
- Worked closely with HR, effectively driving digital transformation agenda supporting talent acquisitions and organizational design to invest ahead of the digital growth curve.
- Gained revenue growth of +18% CAGR, contributing to 31% of total sales generated for APAC, through progressive execution of digital marketing & transformation initiatives.
- Onboarded 4 key strategic markets, developing tactical business thrusts and action plans for optimal results.
- Generated NSV growth for Korea and ANZ by +RM20M in 4Y, with revenue CAGR of +50% and >10 FTEs, following implementation of strategic digital transformational plans in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Developed regional portfolio of 5 key omni-players across APAC, strengthening ecommerce & cross functional approaches (category, joint value creation, executional priorities) towards robust sustainable business growth.
- Grew digital maturity readiness by +30%, through comprehensive share & learn agenda to build digital capabilities.
- Drove all sales activities covering product listing negotiations, promotions, brand merchandising and price optimisation, managing HM/SM portfolio turnover of RM15M (equivalent to 60% of independent stores).
- Implemented 2 successful local projects (promotion operations) and handled budget of up to RM20K.
- Master in Global Management & Affairs; International Finance | Hong KongManagement University | Hong Kong | 2011
- Bachelor of Science in Management | National University of Hong Kong| Hong Kong| 2008
- Languages: Fluent in English, Bahasa Melayu and Chinese
- Nationality: Hong Konger
- Availability: 1 Month’s Notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Bonus Job Hunting Tips for E-Commerce Director
It’s a terrific time to be in the e-commerce field! Companies are increasingly turning to online retail (some even shifting completely), and the e-commerce industry is expected to grow tremendously over the next few years.
Interested in climbing the ranks to a senior leadership E-Commerce role? Here’s what you need to know about being an E-Commerce Director:
An E-Commerce director oversees sales and distributions of products through online shopping platforms, generally the company or brands’ own channels, and partners’ or key customers’ channels too. E-Commerce directors must be strategically minded and relationship savvy, as they typically collaborate closely with cross functional and external partners to drive all aspects of e-commerce.
This may include devising e-commerce strategies, analysing channel effectiveness and sales performance, running marketing and promotional campaigns, web optimisation and analytics, and forecasting business and sales projections.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look For in E-Commerce Director Resumes
- Clearly communicate your key strengths and abilities in e-commerce, and breadth of the scope you’ve handled. E-commerce is a relatively broad field, so doing this gives the hiring manager a clearer idea of your capabilities.
- Ensure you include keywords relevant to the job description! In the case of an E-Commerce Director, this includes role-specific keywords such as ‘direct to consumer’ or ‘omnichannel strategy’’, and skill keywords such as ‘digital strategy’, or ‘channel management’, that are vital to the role.
- Of course, don’t just pepper your CV with keywords – the best E-Commerce practitioners are able to demonstrate their capabilities with hard evidence. State your most significant achievements to the company, and mention metrics that show channel, revenue, or sales growth.
E-Commerce Director Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.