Here’s a Cover Letter sample we recently produced for a Financial Services Manager in Hong Kong:
| +852 1234 5678 | email@example.com |
Dear [Hiring Manager’s Name],
[If you know the hiring manager’s name, personalise and address them directly. LinkedIn job ads, for example, often state the name of the person posting the ad.]
Application for the Position of Regional Lead, Sales Mastery
It is with great enthusiasm that I submit my application for the position of Regional Lead, Sales Mastery at 123 Corp. Through my 5-year career, I’ve come to specialise in consultative sales development, lead generation, pipeline management and strategic growth across multiple industries. I’ve leveraged my experience in digital and social media marketing campaigns, increasing quarterly sales by 30% in total revenue through my tenure in various MNCs, and I am confident that I will be able to continue implementing effective training programs and sales tools to secure lucrative deals for 123 Corp. [Front-load the cover letter with enthusiasm, critical skills and metrics. Show how eager you are to join the company and the value you bring to them. Link your experience to the company and/or industry where possible by highlighting projects, campaigns or responsibilities in areas of interest to the employer.]
- Presently, I am a Financial Services Manager with ABC Inc., where I lead the sales team in selling B2C insurance and investment products to mass market and high-net worth clients across APAC, generating annual revenue of up to USD2.5 million. In addition, I have implemented various sales training programs such as seminar style sales channel and developed new sales kit for business prospects including training sales executives on optimal utilisation during roadshows and sales negotiations.
- ● Amongst my various achievements during my tenure, I am most proud of having achieved 90% of sales target and secured more than 150 new customers within 1 month through implementation of new seminar style sales channel, including designing of training materials and reporting tools, and teaching seminar style selling to sales executives.
[State an achievement with quantifiable metrics to demonstrate your capabilities, but keep confidentiality clauses and NDAs in mind!]
123 Corp is globally known for its exceptional advertising sales business, which is a key aspect within 123 Corp in helping organisations increase their brand awareness and drive revenue growth. My background in sales operations and sales training, coupled with my practical experience in strategic development will allow me to contribute effectively to 123 Corp’s continued growth and performance, particularly by developing and executing appropriate Go-To-Market sales strategies that will thrive amidst the rapidly changing business climate we are facing today. [State skills relevant to the targeted role, but not mentioned above. The firm could be looking for them, even if they don’t explicitly mention them.]
I am thrilled at the possibility of being part of such a renowned firm, and would love the opportunity to meet with you and discuss the value that I can bring to 123 Corp. I appreciate your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact me at any time via mobile at +852 1234 5678 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Conclude with your contact details so the hiring manager can easily reach you.]
Want a winning Cover Letter like the Financial Services Manager Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of Cover Letter samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Financial Services Manager Role
A Financial Services Manager has two distinct work scopes: sales and team management.
On the sales front:
- You drive revenue by selling products to customers
- In addition, you carry out marketing campaigns to attract new customers and retain existing ones
- This role is usually balanced between planning alongside senior management, hands-on execution with junior staff, and personal interaction with prospects
On the management front:
- You lead your team to meet company objectives
- You develop training programs to improve their skills and performance
- In large departments or at senior levels, you will also liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure smooth execution of sales and marketing campaigns
Sales, marketing and relationship management are critical in this role. To excel, you will need persuasion and communication skills, leadership and mentoring abilities, and business acumen.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Financial Services Manager Cover Letters
Here are our top Financial Services Manager Cover Letter writing tips:
- Financial Services Manager covers sales, marketing and team management. Frame your work experiences, skills and achievements to fit the role and the organisation. State clearly what you can bring to the company. This helps hiring managers decide if you’re the best person for the job.
- Use metrics! For Financial Services, this includes revenue increase, sales targets, client portfolio growth, ROI from marketing campaigns, or other such metrics within a time period.
- Illustrate your marketing expertise. State the platforms, channels and technologies you’ve used, such as the Internet, roadshows, and more. This helps the recruiter see if you’re a good fit for the company’s overall strategy and industry.
- Leadership and people skills are essential. Show how you developed your team, such as by implementing training programmes, driving increased team performance, and more.
- Show off your enthusiasm, passion and energy! This is a sales and marketing position, so show the hiring manager you have the skills to make a strong pitch and a powerful close. Express your excitement in taking this position, and be sure to take the recruiter for his time!
Financial Services Manager Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a CV: Your Ultimate Guide for a Winning Resume
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- Complete list of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Free CV Sample and Template for All Industries in Hong Kong
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.