Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Sales Account Manager in Hong Kong.
SALES ACCOUNT MANAGER
Tel.: +852 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Chinese
- Sales Account Manager with exceptional 12-year record in developing and implementing strategic and tactical sales & marketing plans for clients in the FMCG industry
- Collaborative leader who thrives in growth environments with ability to recruit, motivate, develop and direct high-performance sales and service teams to deliver sustained dynamic business growth
- Excellent in commercial negotiations and highly adept at capitalising on business opportunities through astute implementation of trade marketing, client relationship management, and key account management strategies
- Track record of building high-performing sales & marketing teams that successfully cultivate long-term client relationships and attain double-digit sales & market share growth
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Briefly mentioning about your work experience as a sales account manager or sales account executive will establish a focus of your specialisation and abilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Sales Management||Market & Product Development|
|Client Relations||Contracts Negotiations|
|Key Account Management||P&L Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key sales account management phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
LION STATIONERY HONG KONG PTE LTD, Hong Kong
- Responsible for development and execution of action plans, leading contract negotiations, business unit expansion plans and overall sales management activities for consumer stationery/DIY product portfolio with responsibility for million-dollar sales targets [This is a good opening line as it clearly states the focus and size of your responsibility. In 1 line, the reader knows exactly what the role is about.]
- Oversaw distributor account management and development for leading chain retailers such as Dairy Farm Group, NTUC Fairprice, Watson’s, Prime-Mart, Home-Fix, Self-Fix etc [This line and the following line describe other functions you do as a sales account manager]
- Conducted environmental scanning to understand key competitors, identify sales opportunities and revise sales allocations as necessary
- Spearheaded business penetration into new market segments and won new client accounts that brought in annual sales revenue of USD 5 million [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
YAKULT (S) PTE LTD, Hong Kong
- Managed distribution channel of key accounts such as NTUC FairPrice, 7-Eleven, Petrol Stations, and Wholesalers [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously held. Notice also how the remaining bullet point is shorter. No need to go deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Handled monthly sales quota of up to USD 50,000. Assisted superior in business management & product detailing
- Consistently hit monthly sales quota and drove growth from single-digit to double-digits, resulting in 6-8% growth within 2 years
- Awarded Best Employee Award (2006) for outstanding performance in sales achievement, good conduct, and contribution to the company [Don’t be shy to mention any award you’ve received. You earned it!]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A), University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong | 2005
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite, Salesforce.com
- Languages: English, Cantonese, Mandarin
- Availability: Immediately
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Sales Account Manager Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of CV samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
Depending on the company’s structure and business model, product or service sales may or may not be handled by account managers. Normally, when selling requires networking, account management, and client relationship development, sales account managers are necessary.
About the Sales Account Manager Role
Sales account managers are often responsible for developing long-term relationships with customers and overseeing the company’s sales by managing a portfolio of accounts. They also set and track sales account targets in accordance with the company’s objectives. Usually, these managers are customer service oriented and possess excellent communication and negotiation skills.
The daily tasks of sales account managers involve handling customers’ queries, needs, and requests. They have to develop good relationship with clients, and generate new business for the company via existing and potential customer networks. They also have to supervise account representatives in order to ensure that the company’s sales meet set targets, monitor sales metrics, and report regularly on the status of sales accounts and transactions.
In order to stand out from the crowd as a sales account manager, it is important to reflect your expertise and ability well in your CV. As such, to ensure that you are ahead of the competition, we will show you how you can write a winning resume that highlights your capabilities as a sales account executive.
Key Pointers Hiring Managers Look for in Sales Account Manager Resumes
- Sales and Customer Management Skills: Your resume should provide a complete overview of your career experience, detailing in whatever length necessary your experience in sales and customer management, knowledge of CRM and MS Office, and understanding of sales performance metrics.
- Communication and Negotiation Skills: Important qualities for candidates looking for a sales account manager position include client communication and negotiation, resourcefulness, the ability to work both independently and as part of a larger department, and a driven mindset. You should make sure to showcase these skills and abilities in your resume.
Additional Sales Account Manager Resume Writing Tips
- Present yourself as someone who is driven, goal-oriented, and people-oriented, since sales account manager jobs require constant client interaction and involve the setting and meeting of sales targets. You may wish to highlight your soft skills and areas of expertise that you have demonstrated throughout your employment history.
- Your resume needs to be easy for recruiters to read quickly and absorb the key points. For a clearer representation of your work experiences, you may therefore wish to break them into two parts – your daily workscope, and your achievements. For the daily workscope, make sure that is it short and to the point – workscopes which are implied in your job title can be omitted. Remember, you want to keep your resume short and sharp for recruiters.
Sales Account Management Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.