Here is a sample resume we recently produced for a Supply Chain Manager in Hong Kong.
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER
Tel.: +852 XXXX XXXX | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Australian
- Seasoned Supply Chain Manager with 12+ years of industry experience in logistics, procurement, inventory management, and product control in 7 countries across Asia Pacific region.
- Consistently met all regional service level and inventory targets to support USD 100 million USD business unit.
- Proven track record for achieving annual savings in excess of USD 10 million annually by optimising purchasing procedures and encouraging competition between suppliers to drive down unit costs
- Outstanding success for achieving raw material inventory reduction of 12% YOY through streamlining of logistics processes to ensure more consistent delivery times for Just-In-Time production planning
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role where possible also helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Operational Leadership||Process Improvement|
|Strategic Planning||Business Development|
|Procurement Analysis||Global Strategic Alliance|
|Supplier Management||Market Positioning|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key supply chain-related phrases necessary to get past those scanners.]
SCHENKER Hong Kong (PTE) LTD, Hong Kong
- Oversee regional team of 16 employees and USD 200 million spend budget in managing all aspects of supply chain from inception of customer order and internal demand through final product distribution across 7 countries [Opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role as it includes the size of the team, budget, and primary responsibilities.]
- Captain and control integrated supply chain operational strategies to ensure on-time and on-target production and deliveries that meet internal quality, cost, and inventory requirements [Try to word your responsibilities according to common phrasings used in this field of work and throw in some technical terminology.]
- Develop bi-annual Regional Supplier Development programmes to strengthen relationship between suppliers and business unit; identify bottlenecks, brainstorm solutions and align future growth plans. [This line demonstrates the candidate’s ability to perform new business development and help with achieving company’s overall revenue.]
- Responsible for minimising excesses, costs, and risk exposure. Oversee price and contract negotiation with vendors to secure favourable buying price and improved profit margins
- Significantly improved on-time customer delivery rate from 72% to 98% whilst reducing inventory levels by USD 800,000 over 6 month period. This was achieved by introducing managed inventory methodologies and utilising an online vendor management hub for all 7 countries [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable and include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
- Implemented lean initiatives on regional procurement and delivery to tap on to domestic production sources. Achieved 15% reduction in material procurement cost YOY representing a cost savings of over USD 500,000 [The more numbers, the better. However, be aware of your company confidential clause.]
- Established long-term contracts with key logistics partners. Integrated demand planning systems to synergise shipments resulting in 40% reduction of warehouse costs whilst meeting all delivery service level agreements.
GIORDANO, Hong Kong
- Led team of 4 junior procurement specialists; supervised and directed corporate purchasing functions, including product research, competitor analysis, vendor selection, price and contract terms negotiation, and purchases order completion [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous workscopes.]
- Managed capital purchases and direct vendor relations. Negotiated acquisitions at quality, cost standards, and payment agreements consistent with company business objectives.
- Successfully achieved annual savings target from a managed spend of SGD 120’000 through streamlining of procurement processes [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable. It may be hard for admin assistants to have concrete achievements compared to sales and marketing roles, but include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management), RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia | 1995
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: English (native), Cantonese (intermediate), German (intermediate)
- Availability: 2 month’s notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you, they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like the Supply Chain Resume Sample above?
About the Supply Chain Management Role
Supply chain management involves overseeing and managing of materials, as well as finances when they are moved from supplier to manufacturer to wholesaler or retailer down to the consumers.
The supply chain manager is responsible for coordinating and integrating these flows to ensure that goods are successfully transported from the supplier all the way to the customers. He or she plays a significant role in the daily operations of a company, as he coordinates the logistics of all aspects of the supply chain — from planning and sourcing down to manufacturing and delivery. Any issues that occur during this process can lead to disastrous outcomes, such as loss of profit, loss of clients, and tarnished company reputations.
To avoid such situations from happening, supply chain managers need to be knowledgeable and well-equipped with the necessary skills to improve productivity and efficiency of operations.
In this post, we will show you how you can tailor your resume to reflect not only your experience but also include the necessary skill sets such as communication and problem-solving skills to impress your potential employers to land your dream job.
Key Pointers Hiring Manager Look For in Supply Chain Resumes
- Ability to Source Products Well at Good Prices: Great supply chain managers are resourceful, creative, and hardworking. To demonstrate these, showcase your past and current experiences that involve sourcing materials, products, and goods that are not only with fair prices but of excellent quality, more importantly.
- Ability to Think Big Picture: Sometimes, acquiring the cheapest products isn’t an ideal strategy as they may be of low quality which in turn would require a replacement sooner. The best procurement and supply chain managers know and take this into account. They also consider other factors such as cost of machine downtime, replacement cost, and logistics cost to come up with the most cost-effective strategy when procuring goods.
- Strong Knowledge in Automation Tools: Supply chain departments at MNCs hardly use manual spreadsheets and MS Excel anymore. Instead, they do procurement and logistics management using complex modules, such as SAP and SalesForce. Ensure that you can highlight your technical skills and experience and your ability to automate supply chain management procedures on your CV.
Additional Supply Chain Resume Writing Tips
- Include any operational processes/improvements you have introduced to and the outcomes where possible (e.g. achieved SGD 8 million in cost savings by developing certain processes).
- Supply chain management usually involve constant sourcing for materials from other countries, so it would be good to showcase your global orientation and negotiation skills, as well as your ability to communicate with third-party vendors, suppliers, and distributors.
Supply Chain Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory