Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Telecom Sales Manager in Hong Kong.
In this article, you’ll learn:
- About the Telecom Sales Manager Role
- What Hiring Managers Look For In Telecom Sales Resumes
- Telecom Sales Manager Job Opportunities
- Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
Telecom Sales CV [Full Sample]
Here’s a full Telecom Sales resume sample, which we wrote for a client recently.
- Seasoned Sales Professional with over 10 years’ experience managing sales, customer service, and account management within the telecommunications industry
- Beat sales targets for 7 consecutive quarters. Closed over 78 million USD in sales through network of channel sales partners
- Proactive manager, team builder and tactical planner with ability to consistently meet and deliver sales targets.
- Manage team of 8 account managers in driving sales of commercial and business mobile subscription packages through channel sales partners across Hong Kong, Singapore and Indonesia
- Lead all aspects of sales forecasting and pipeline management
- Understand client needs and propose optimum product offerings; submit tenders and oversee contract negotiations
- Formulate win strategies to secure contracts; liaise closely with product teams to accurately segment customer verticals, decipher needs, and tailor suitable mobile packages; collate costs and submit suitable bids to close profitable contracts
- Maintain strong relationships with clients; actively communicate with clients to understand growth plans and availability of future contracts
- Select, train, and supervise sales staff. Set sales targets and motivate team to meet targets and conduct team performance appraisals
- Coordinate and liaise closely with team members to solve customer issues. Offer solutions and suggestions for process and product improvement to management
- Consistently exceeded all sales targets; closed over USD 50 million worth of sales in 2013
- Cultivated strong relationships with key clients, including Micron, Sheng Siong, CapitaLang, EBC Lifestyle Hub, Nanyang Learning, and Total eBiz Solutions
- Speaheaded sales of iPass payment solution for clients and channel partners across Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand, Philippines and India
- Responsible for educating market on innovative new product; established strong partnerships with channel sales partners to increase outreach and grow sales figures
- Successfully grew sales from 3 million USD in 2000 to over 7 million USD in 2003. Awarded iPass salesperson of the year for 2 consecutive years [Include career achievements to make your CV memorable. It may be hard for admin assistants to have concrete achievements compared to sales and marketing roles, but include metrics to substantiate your contributions where possible.]
- MBA, Hong Kong University, Hong Kong| 2007
- Bachelor of Science, Information Systems and Management, University of London | 2005
- Technical Skills: MS Office Suite
- Languages: English, Cantonese and Mandarin
- Availability: 1 month’s notice
References available upon request
About the Telecom Sales Role
Sales, in general, is a broad field of career. While the concept of selling may be universal, the kind of product or service you are offering, as well as your target market, may require a unique sales approach.
Telecom sales, for example, is different from selling a car or offering a spa service. In the telecom industry, sales is strictly targeted. You need to study your customers well and identify who are capable of subscribing to monthly services. Aside from these, you need to be able to present your services well enough to be understood and accepted by the customers.
As a sales executive in the telecom industry, you need to be equipped with the right product knowledge and the perfect sales approach in order to close deals and reach your targets. If you are planning to apply for a position as a telecom sales executive, here is a comprehensive guide we produced on how to write a winning sales resume that stands out.
What Hiring Managers Look For in Telecom Sales Resumes
- Exceptional Sales Skills and Experience: This is given. Not only should you have enough sales experience on your CV, but you should also be able to show how successful you are in closing deals and keeping clients.
- Familiarity with the Telecom Industry: While this factor is not always a deal breaker, it helps if the candidate is familiar with or has worked in a telecom company before. Make sure to include technologies you’re familiar with such as Voice, Data, and/or ISP.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You cannot sell effectively if you cannot communicate well. Find a way to showcase this on your CV, and make sure that profile is written well and error-free.
- Ability to Provide Customer Care: Telecom sales doesn’t end in closing a deal and acquiring subscribers. It also requires after-sales care where you have to support and resolve customers’ concerns while already using your services.
Additional Telecom Sales Resume Writing Tips
- To demonstrate excellent sales performance, include quantifiable metrics and statistics among your achievements. Mention sales targets you’ve achieved month on month, no. of accounts you’ve handled, as well as customer concerns you were able to resolve.
- If you don’t have past experience working in the telecommunications industry, make sure to highlight your sales skills and experiences instead. Potential employers and hiring managers will want to see how your ability to sell were responsible for positive, quantitative results.
Telecom Sales Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
Before You Go…
Be sure to download this resume sample, which uses our tested-and-proven resume writing techniques, as a guide for your own CV. Best part is, this sample is available for free 🙂
And before you start sending out applications, send us your resume for a free CV feedback analysis from our team. We’ll review your CV in detail, share personalised feedback on its strengths and weaknesses, and show you how you can improve it.