Why Include Accomplishments Or Achievements in Your Resume?
Getting an interview isn’t just about meeting all the requirements mentioned in the job advertisement.
Over 80% of the applicants to a job advertisement will meet all the requirements. But less than 10% will be called for an interview.
To ensure you’re in that 10%, you need to include some great accomplishments to differentiate your application from the pack.
Types of Achievements or Accomplishments to Include
Here, we’ve listed the categories of achievements you can include in your resume. You don’t have to include all the types. We’ve simply made an extensive list to help you get ideas on what you can include in your resume.
Always tie your achievements back to tangible business benefits. As far as possible, include various numbers to add substance to your statements.
It’s up to your judgment to pick the accomplishments, which are most impactful. Don’t unnecessarily pad your resume with unimpressive achievements. Recall, we want to keep the document short and sharp.
How to Write Achievements in Resume
- Type 1: Making The Firm More Money
- Type 2: Saving The Firm Money
- Type 3: Increasing Productivity
- Type 4: Solving A Critical Problem
- Type 5: Leading A Large Project
Resume Achievements Examples:
Type 1: Making The Firm More Money
Type 2: Saving The Firm Money
Type 3: Increasing Productivity
Type 4: Solving A Critical Problem
Type 5: Leading A Large Project
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Free Confidential CV Discussion
Fill out the form to the below, and we’ll get in touch with you
to have a short discussion about your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll ask questions about your career goals and point out areas where
you can improve your resume. Let’s have a candid discussion about
the CV writing services you need and see if we’ll be able to help.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory