Here’s a sample resume we recently produced for a Digital Product Owner in Hong Kong.
DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION PRODUCT OWNER
Tel.: +852 1234 5678 | Email: email@example.com | Nationality: Hong Konger
- Former Account Executive with steady progression to Product Owner – International Digitisation amassing over 10 years of experience in enterprise sales, process analysis and CRM deployment for a leading telecommunications & technology company covering EMEA, Asia & the USA.
- Deep expertise of Agile, Lean, Jira, Scrum Boards and DevOps with a proven ability to deliver strategic system and process improvements leading to customer benefits ergo financial benefits for the company.
- Adept in analysing high-level information and complex technical issues, effectively translating business/user requirements into actionable IT business cases, articulate project design recommendations and deliver continuous improvement.
- Led the team to deliver a new CRM within 6 months, replacing the existing CRM and resulting in >HKD2M in productivity savings; invited to represent ABC Inc. at SSS World Tour 2018 to showcase ABC Inc’s transformation journey to adopting the new CRM and its application to meet specific needs.
- Recipient of Outstanding Customer Service Award in 2014, recognising excellence in the delivery of customer service.
- Awarded ABC Inc.’s High Performer 2013 for the highest performing individual of the year.
[This section gives a good helicopter view of the candidate. Quantifying the current role helps to give scale to the current responsibilities.]
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Enterprise Sales||Process Analysis||CRM Deployment|
|Technology Strategy||Customer Service||Key Account Management|
[Ensure the keywords here mirror those used in the job ad. The first round of vetting is often done by a software scanner. This section helps to pad the CV with key phrases, which is necessary to get past those scanners.]
ABC Inc, Hong Kong
- Manage a team of 10 direct reports covering technical capabilities and business analysis with vendor management responsibility for a team of 30 software developers based in India in end to end project management, setting the direction for global delivery of applications to team members in multiple languages and different delivery methods. [Opening line perfectly summarizes the candidate’s current role as it speaks about the size of the team and primary responsibility.]
- Collaborate with international Prospect to Order (P2O) stakeholders to develop and define strategy maintaining strategic alignment with the Australian B2B digitisation program to reduce costs and simplify the architecture by working with IT to define the technology and architecture roadmap ensuring solutions enable business capabilities.
- Set priorities and align the overall backlog to ensure business value at each release, guiding the international business & leadership team on changes and refining priorities across each region, providing strategic leadership to the team to ensure the 3 core programs deliver on business and customer benefits.
- Led the team to deliver a new CRM within 6 months, replacing the existing CRM and resulting in >HKD2M in productivity savings; invited to represent ABC Inc. at SSS World Tour 2018 to showcase ABC Inc’s transformation journey to adopting the new CRM and its application to meet specific needs. [Talk about your contributions (and the approaches you took on to achieve them) to the company and how it affected the operations in the relevant locations where possible.]
- Developed and deployed the FY19 digital strategy valued at HKD5 million that enabled sustained cost out, simplified the technology environment and delivered improved customer and employee experience as measured by NPS increase of 80 points. [Cite quantifiable metrics to support your achievements. Do, however, be aware of your company confidentiality clause.]
- Negotiated a new technology roadmap that brought together existing technology assets to deliver a simplified, digitally connected ordering experience that forms the foundation of T22 strategy for International Business.
ABC Inc., Hong Kong
- Collaborated with General Managers & Directors across the business to work on program deliverables, developing partner engagement models into the CRM solution with full project management of large-scale change programs across a multiyear project focused on the development of end state customer experience journeys and mapping. [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Facilitated senior leadership forums to manage process and user changes within the business, leading an indirect team of 5 consultants and external IT resources to deliver the release strategy, building and maintaining a strong cross business unit stakeholder base to deliver change.
- Created a strategy to close out business pain points within each release, co-managing program dependence against in year programs to reduce benefit reductions, delivering continual Improvement of the end to end sales journey with baseline capture of business & enterprise (B&E) partners’ requirements & scoping with distributor channels.
- Led successful deployment of Salesforce into a key growth segment of ABC Inc. Business and Phoenix CRM to the Premier Business sales teams creating a pipeline uplift of 8%.
- Created release strategy and end state customer journey for adoption and acceptance by SLT.
ABC Inc., Hong Kong
- Led creation and endorsement of the EDGE Customer Experience (CX) Framework to assess customer touch points, releasing narrative & persona creation via the development of Sprint plans & workshop criteria capturing personas & narrative; supported narrative via onboarding process resources into EDGE releases mapping the “to be” process. [Simple, clear overview of the job you previously done. Notice also how the remaining bullet points are shorter. No need to go into deep detail about previous similar workscopes.]
- Directed assessment of Release 1 & 2 CX & agent journeys including recommending a change of direction within the release for closer alignment.
- Formulated Business Capability Framework and heat map to guide the prioritization of Epics into releases to meet TB’s future state needs and collaborated on the baseline Sprint framework and documentation guidelines to ensure success across B2B2020 & EDGE.
- Authored the EDGE’s assessment criteria for Design Control to ensure a consistent end state CX.
- Led creation of Next Generation Business Bundles (NGBB) Prototype flow that has since been used to expand the Release 2a stream.
- Partnered with Deloitte to create the standard for success to guide Sprint Framework Planning.
- Initiated the Business Capability Framework and ongoing alignment to the enterprise framework.
ABC Inc., Hong Kong
ABC Inc., Hong Kong
ABC Inc., Hong Kong
ABC Inc., Hong Kong
[For roles more than 5 years ago, only the Position Title, Company and Months/Years suffice. Feel free to add a summary of 1-2 lines for past roles relevant to the roles you’re applying for.]
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Information Technology Management | Murdoch University | Australia | 2009
- Certified in Project Management Professional® (PMP® – #1000000) • Project Management Institute • Feb 2015
- Business Analysis Certification Program (BACP™) • IIL • Nov 2010
- Certified in Associate Project Management (CAPM – #000000) • Project Management Institute • May 2012
- Languages: Fluent in English and Cantonese
- Nationality: Hong Konger
- Availability: 1 Month’s Notice
References available upon request
[There’s no need to list your references; if HR is interested in you they will ask you for them.]
Want a winning CV like this Digital Transformation Product Owner Resume Sample above? Click the button below to get our full set of resume samples, delivered straight to your inbox!
About the Digital Transformation Product Owner Role
Businesses of all sizes have been forced to embrace Digital Transformation – the adoption of new tools, software and processes to solve problems, improve operations or expedite workflows. Experts in this domain are hence highly sought after to help companies navigate this change.
Digital transformation consultants support companies with a broad range of applications, including digitizing analogue processes, and facilitating the integration of systems and processes into the cloud..
Curiosity is a valued trait; experts must continuously experiment with different solutions, technologies and tests to drive improvements in business processes.
What Hiring Managers Look for in Digital Product Owner Resumes
Here are our top Digital Product Owner Resume writing tips:
The Digital Transformation role is a role that is broad in scope. Therefore, it is critical that your resume conveys a focused career narrative that puts you a cut above other jobseekers. What should you include in your resume?
- A highly focused and tailored Executive Summary: You might be tempted to include as much jargon and achievements in your resume as possible to demonstrate your broad experience in digital transformation initiatives. Our advice is, don’t! Irrelevant information may disorientate the Hiring Manager, and distract from the core message you’re trying to bring across – that is, that you’re the ideal candidate with the right skills for the job. So instead, tailor your Executive Summary specifically for the role you’re applying to. It helps to insert relevant skills keywords directly from the Job Description into your resume!
- Metrics: Always support your Work Achievements and Responsibilities with metrics! Metrics convey a sense of scale to recruiters and Hiring Managers. In addition, Digital Transformation roles are quantitative in nature. Backing your claims with data puts you in an advantageous light in the eyes of employers.
- If you are experienced or skilled in Change Management, do add this into your resume! The IT industry is always evolving, and new frameworks, languages and software seem to be entering the field every day! Change Management is a highly advantageous skillset that communicates to employers that you are highly adaptable and familiar with the latest happenings within your industry.
Digital Product Owner Job Opportunities
- Join LinkedIn groups or follow companies you wish to work for to keep abreast with new job openings.
- Alternatively, you can reach out to these headhunters in Hong Kong to learn about any vacancies they may be trying to fill out.
Job Hunting Tips from our Resident Headhunter
- Create a winning cover letter and send it along your resume. The cover letter will serve as an introduction about yourself and is a great venue to answer the question “Why should we hire you?”
- Be active on social media, particularly on LinkedIn. Make sure to create a strong online profile that represents you and you professional experiences. Here’s our comprehensive guide on writing a great LinkedIn profile.
- Before you start sending out applications, get a free CV Feedback Session with our team.
More Useful Links
If you found this article useful, you might also like:
- How to Write a Winning Resume: Your Ultimate CV Guide
- How to Write a Cover Letter: Your Ultimate Cover Letter Guide
- How to Use LinkedIn to Find a Job: Your Ultimate LinkedIn Guide
- List of Headhunters in Hong Kong
- Cover Letter Samples, Templates & Tips
- Downloadable Free Resume Templates
Back to Resume Samples, Templates & Tips
Free Confidential CV Analysis
Let’s have a chat — fill out the form below, and our team of HR experts and recruiters will get in touch to review your CV for the Hong Kong job market.
We’ll take a look at your resume, assess the roles you’re applying to, and let you know how your CV compares against other applicants.
We’ll then give you tips and strategies to improve your CV, advance your career goals, and improve your interview call up rate.
This consultation is free and completely non-obligatory.